Overview of real estate and construction (07/27/22) | Pillsbury – Gravel2Gavel Construction and real estate law
Europe’s energy infrastructure is struggling under record heatwaves, Wall Street is tightening commercial real estate lending, blockchain technology and NFTs (non-fungible tokens) continue to transform real estate ownership, and more.
- The banks are lend less and charge higher interest rates for commercial real estate loans, restricting negotiation and values. (Pierre Grant, The Wall Street Journal)
- bill, the Construction Accident Prevention Actwould require U.S. construction employers to give workers a 15-minute break every 4 hours all year round. (Julie Strupp, Diving under construction)
- Europe’s energy infrastructure is start to tire under the extreme heat blanketing the continent and skyrocketing demand. (Todd Gillespie, Elena Mazneva and Priscila Azevedo Rocha, Bloomberg)
- As technology becomes more integrated into transportation, road infrastructure will see significant progress, including wireless electric charging and innovative construction materials. (Pass the descent, Governing)
- Blockchain-enabled tokenization should enable split ownership of commercial real estate properties, an example being the Empire State Building. (Andre Singer, Magazine by Cointelegraph)
- China plans to start a real estate fund of 300 billion yuan ($44 billion) in an effort to help real estate developers weather their debt crisis and restore confidence in the industry. (Reuters)