Construction and utilities on Powers Boulevard / CO 21 and Research Drive require lane closures
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (KRDO) – The Colorado Department of Transportation and partner contractor Kraemer North America are continuing construction of the Powers Boulevard (CO 21) and Research Parkway Interchange project. Next week’s work will require day and night lane closures on Research Parkway between Grand Cordera Parkway and Channel Drive and night lane closures on Powers Boulevard (CO 21) between Woodman Road and Briargate Parkway to complete the temporary installation of traffic lights, opening future detours in the median, removing the existing roadway, installing a temporary barrier and moving traffic north on Powers Boulevard west to open up the work areas to begin construction of the bridge.
In order to relocate underground utilities for the roadway reconstruction, Colorado Spring Utilities will implement a double left lane closure on the Westbound Research Parkway from Powers Boulevard to Channel Drive. This closure will be in place 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, from Monday July 19 to Monday August 2. There will be no impact on public services. Motorists should expect delays.
IMPACTS ON TRAFFIC:
- Daily 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Monday July 19 to Friday July 23: Left lane closures eastbound and westbound on Research Parkway between Channel Drive and Grand Cordera Parkway.
- Every evening from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m., Sunday July 18 to Thursday July 22: Research Parkway eastbound and westbound dedicated to the right turn to the Powers Boulevard closures.
- Evening 7 p.m. to 5 a.m., Sunday, July 18 to Thursday, July 22: Research Parkway east and west to lane closures between Channel Driver and Grand Cordera Parkway.
- Nightly 9 p.m. to 6 a.m., Sunday, July 18 to Thursday, July 22: intermittent single-lane closures on Powers Boulevard southbound between Briargate Parkway and Woodman Road, and inside lane closures to turn left eastbound on Research Parkway.
- Nightly 9 p.m. to 6 a.m., Sunday, July 18 to Thursday, July 22: intermittent single lane closures on Powers Boulevard northbound between Woodman Road and Briargate Parkway, and inside lane closures to turn left westbound on Research Parkway.
- Nightly 9:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m., Sunday, July 18 to Thursday, July 22: North and Southbound, Powers Boulevard has reserved right-turn lanes for Research Parkway closures.
Speed ââreductions to 45 MPH on Powers Boulevard (CO 21) and 35 MPH on Research Parkway will be in place. Motorists should expect delays.
Local News / News