CIVIL ENGINEER (HYDRAULICS & HYDROLOGICS) Job in Nashville, Tennessee – Department of the Army




The United States government is a massive employer and is always on the lookout for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of vacancies in locations across the country. Below is a summary of the qualifications for an active and open employment offer from the Ministry of the Army. The opening is for a CIVIL ENGINEER (HYDRAULICS AND HYDROLOGICS) in Nashville, Tennessee. Do not hesitate to browse this vacancy and contact us with any questions!

U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Department of the Army
Job ID: 479066 Start Date: 07/08/2021 End Date: 07/19/2021

Summary of Qualifications
Who Can Apply: Only applicants who fit one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify the category (s) you encounter and provide documentation proving that you match the category (s) you have selected. See Proof of Eligibility for a full list of documents required for all employment authorities. To be eligible, you must meet the education and experience requirements outlined below. Experience refers to both paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done in national service programs (e.g. Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g. professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). You will receive credit for any qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume should clearly describe your relevant experience; if you are eligible on the basis of your studies, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information on transcripts can be found in this document. Basic requirement for engineer:
Degree: Bachelor’s degree (or higher degree) in engineering. To be acceptable, the program must: (1) lead to a bachelor’s degree (or higher) in an engineering school with at least one program accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET); OR (2) include differential and integral calculus and courses (more advanced than first year physics and chemistry) in five of the following seven areas of engineering or physics: (a) statics, dynamics; (b) resistance of materials (stress-strain relationships); (c) fluid mechanics, hydraulics; (d) thermodynamics; (e) electric fields and circuits; (f) the nature and properties of materials (relating the structure of particles and aggregates to properties); and (g) any other comparable field of basic engineering or physical sciences, such as optics, heat transfer, soil mechanics or electronics.
Combination of Education and Experience: College-level education, training and / or technical experience that has provided (1) a thorough knowledge of the physical and mathematical sciences underlying engineering, and (2) a good understanding, both theoretical and practical, of the engineering sciences and techniques and their applications to one of the branches of engineering. The adequacy of this history should be demonstrated by one of the following:
1. Professional registration or license to practice – Current registration as an engineer-in-training (EI), engineer-in-training (EIT) or license to practice as a professional engineer (PE) by any state, the District of Columbia, Guam or Puerto Rico. In the absence of other means of qualification under this standard, applicants who have obtained such an entry by means other than a written test (for example, provisions relating to grandfather or eminence of State) are only eligible for positions that are in or closely related to their specialty area. For example, an applicant who obtains registration through an eminence provision of a State Council as a manufacturing engineer would generally be considered eligible only for manufacturing engineer positions.
2. Written Test – Proof of having passed the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam, or any other written test required for professional registration, by an engineering licensing board in individual states, the District from Columbia, Guam or Puerto Rico.
3. Specified academic courses – Have successfully completed at least 60 semester hours of courses in the physical, mathematical and engineering sciences and which included the courses specified in A above. The courses must be fully acceptable to meet the requirements of an engineering program.
4. Related program – Successful completion of a bachelor’s degree program in an appropriate scientific field, for example, engineering technology, physics, chemistry, architecture, computer science, mathematics, hydrology or geology, may be accepted in place of an engineering degree, provided the candidate has at least 1 year of professional engineering experience acquired under professional engineering supervision and guidance. Normally there should be either an established plan of intensive training to develop professional engineering skills or several years of engineering-type work experience, for example, in interdisciplinary positions. In addition to meeting the basic requirements above, to be eligible for this position, you must also meet the qualification requirements listed below: To be eligible for the GS-11 level:
Specialized experience: One year of specialized experience which includes assisting in hydrological engineering and water management studies and surveys related to water control and emergency drought plans, and special reports, flood damage reduction, low water regulation for water quality control and navigation, water supply, recreation, hydropower, fish enhancement and wildlife, threatened and endangered species, sedimentation, river and lake ice development, river and reservoir forecasting, and flood warning systems. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed in the second grade / lower level position in the Federal Public Service (GS-09).
Education: Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree or 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate study leading to such a degree in a field that demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to do the job of the position, such as: engineering.
Combination of education and experience: A combination of education and experience can be used to qualify for this position as long as the calculated percentage of requirements is at least 100%. To calculate the percentage of requirements, divide your total months of experience by 12. Then divide the total number of graduate semester hours completed (or equivalent) beyond the second year (total d (graduate semester hours minus 36) by 18. Add the two percentages. To qualify at the GS-12 level:
Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience which includes planning, development and maintenance of hydrological forecasting and real-time water management models for river basins; forecast the level of rivers, reservoirs and swimming pools; and assesses meteorological, hydrological, hydraulic and limnological data in relation to reservoir regulation operations; lead the coordination of all phases of hydrological, hydraulic, water control and water quality studies. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade / level position in the Federal Public Service (GS-11). Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your training for the experience required in order to qualify. For the GS-12 job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience only – no substitution of education for experience is allowed. You will be assessed based on your skill level in the following areas:

If you would like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at [email protected]. All are free to apply!


Post a job offer on LemonWire. Send an email to [email protected].
Want to advertise on ads like this? Send an email to [email protected].


Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.